1) There is an incredible debate going on at OrgTheory in response to Fabio mostly eliminating postmodernism from his one semester Social Theory course. Fabio with support from Gabriel Rossman, debates Thomas, Craig and Andrew Perrin. 76 Comments so far!
2) The American Anthropological Association dropped the word “science” from it’s mission statement. The most interesting discussion of the issue is found in the comments at Savage Minds: Why anthropology is ‘true’ even if it is not ‘science’.
3) Andrew Gelman on Tukey and the proper relationship between statistical model and statistical method.
4) The Economist discourages you from getting a doctorate.
5) Andrew Abbott interviewed on teaching and being a student.